Side effect #1. Fear will make you want to run away
Side effect #2. Fear will make you expect the worst
Side effect #3. Fear will produce loneliness and sadness
Side effect #4. Fear will make you weary
Side effect #5. Fear will make you insecure
Side effect #6. Fear will make you drift
So what's the answer to fear? The four most important things in the world that you need to know.
1. God loves you
2. You need His grace
3. Jesus died for you
4. You need to receive Christ
Introduction Part 2
4. The certainty in fear
"but this I know, that God is for me" v9
Five questions to establish TRUST
T - does he tell the truth?
R - is He redemptive?
U - does he understand you?
S - is he sufficient?
T - is there time?
5. The context of fear Proverbs 1:7
Fear of the Lord leads to knowledge which leads to TRUST which eliminates fear
Introduction Part 1 - Psalm 56
"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you"
1. The certainty of fear v3
2. The causes of fear
3. The cure for fear
“Come, see a man who told me all that i ever did...” (John 4:29)
The most fantastic invitation at QBC
“Will you come to church with me next Sunday?”
1. It's a model invitation "Come, see..."
John 1:39 "Come and you will see."
John 1:46 "Come and see"
2. It's a meaningful invitation
"Come see a man"
3. It's a motivated invitation.
"Come see a man who told me everything I ever did"
4. It's a mysterious invitation.
"They went out of the town and were coming to him" (v30)
"Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony" (v39)
God will be in your corner in 2014 because...
1. The Holy Spirit is praying for you V 26-27
2. God will work out everything for good that happens to you this year V 28
3. God redeemed you in eternity V 29-30
4. God said He would be V 31
5. Jesus died for you V 32
6. Satan is a liar V 33-34
7, Christ is praying for you V 34
8. God will give you victory over any hostility V 35-37
9, There is nothing in the universe that can take Him out of your corner V 38-39